Roles and Responsibilities
- Working experience on Tableau
- Work closely with developers to ensure data captured from data sources are accurate, available and analysable.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Reviewing and improving existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems.
- Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyse the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
- Creating tools to store data within the organization.
- Create and edit SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
- Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server.
- Collaborate with developers and QA analysts to test, clean, and standardized data to meet the business requirements.
- Have the confidence to work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills and documentation skills to maintain work flows and dashboard functionality.
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau
- A solid understanding of SQL, rational databases, and normalization.
- Proficiency in use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Competency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture.